Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hemi ???

Posted by mister_h (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 07 at 15:48

Is Chrysler's current HEMI head on their 5.7L and 6.1L engine "really" different from that of today's other manufacturers' engines? I've looked at heads of several other engines, including Japanese and European origin, and their head (combustion chamber side) is more or less all hemispherical shape and the spark plug is at the center of each cylinder head. In fact, Chrysler's current design appears to be not a true hemispherical head engine; it has a polyspherical combustion chamber, but retains the Hemi's traditional inline perpendicular valves. I'm just wondering if Chrysler HEMI design has any special benefit only unique to them when comparing to other engines. Or is it just a advertisement gimmick these days?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hemi ???

Describe a Hemi valve spring arrangement ?

o
RE: hemi ???

I don't know nor remember the Hemi valve spring arrangement other than the intake/exhaust valves are not parallel as in the wedge head. Can you describe if it is any uniquely different from others?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here