Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dash Light(s) Out '90 Nissan Maxima

Posted by reekola (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 5, 07 at 14:13

Dash Light(s) Out '90 Nissan Maxima. Totally dark at night when headlights on. All the gauges seem to work all right. No other electrical problems that I know of.
Didn't see a fuse labeled for dash lights. Could the bulb be burned out? If so, not sure how to get at it. Any advice appreciated.
thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dash Light(s) Out '90 Nissan Maxima

There likely is more than one fuse for all the dash lights. Do you have the owner's manual? That should list fuses. Also, most cars have a rheostat (knob) you can turn to vary the brightness of the dash lighting. Have you tried twisting that to see if it's just conducting poorly?

There's more than one bulb; unless something fried, I would think it odd that all of them went out at the same time. But stranger things have happened.

o

Have you tried turning the dash light dimmer ?

o

I just looked at taillights this morning when I had the headlights on - they were out as well. Looks like they may be on the same fuse. I'll check them out tonight. My fuse cover was lost, but I found it this weekend, so should be able to find it.

Thanks for you help!

o

Yup - it was the tail light fuse that was blown. Dash lights were also on that fuse. Neither the fuse panel nor the manual said anything about dash lights, but I searched the web for my problem and saw several other posts for different cars that described both being on the same fuse, so I checked my tail lights and low and behold, they were out as well! I wouldn't have even known if I didn't look. Guess I should check all my lights more often.

Thanks for the help.

o

I think buying new dash light is the best option according to me!

Here is a link that might be useful: Nissan Maxima Parts

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here