Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Installing a CD player

Posted by sammiandfargo (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 14, 08 at 13:50

I have a 1995 Buick Riviera and I would like to put a cd player in it. I purchased a cd player on ebay from another 95 Buick Riviera. My brother was going to put it into the car for me since I wouldn't have a clue how to do it. He says it will not work because my car came with a cassette player and the spot the cd player would have to be in isn't the same size.
So if it will not work how to I go about finding a new cd player that would fit my car? I've tried searching the internet but can't find anything. Any help or suggestions would be great! Thanks!

This is my dash and the cassette player
Photobucket
Photobucket

This is the cd player I bought
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Installing a CD player

You are missing the matching radio that goes with the C.D.
The C.D. is wired into the radio for the on off and volume.
Even if you did get it to fit and mount it won't work. Look
at how thick your radio - cassette player is. Then look at
the C.D. you bought.

o

just goto bestbuy or a circuit city and buy a whole new unit. Many times they have offers on free install. You have to buy the "kit" for your car
Click on the link below and you can see if the stereo will work with your car.

Here is a link that might be useful: Will it fit your car Guide?

o

Thank you kalining and airforceguy for your help. I found some pictures of 95 rivieras that came with CD players and they are not located where the cassette is like I thought they would be, the cd player is farther down the dash so maybe the cd player will fit after all.

o

Looks like a 1 1/2 din space for the radio to me. If you don't care about having a cassette player, a single din radio with a dash kit and a wireing kit will give you the most to choose from. I have seen some after market 1 1/2 din radios with both cd and cassette players built in but they've mostly been funky off brands, and not to many of those at that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here