Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Color Me Unintelligent

Posted by goldensmom (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 12, 06 at 13:18

I'm not sure how to explain this but lately when I make a turn I've been feeling my driver side tire wheel turning underneath my foot. It does not make any noise. I had new struts, new brakes, new brake line, new cv joints done and now this is driving me crazy. It doesn't matter which way I turn. The car drives fine, no shaking or anything. If this makes sense to anyone do you know what it is? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Color Me Unintelligent

How old is your car? What make & model? Is there much rusting on the body?

o

ericwi ... its a 92 Toyota Camry in great condition with no rust whatsoever anywhere. 79,000 miles and has always been garaged. It has always been serviced at a Toyota Dealer & other then mentioned above I've had maintenance such as new timing belt, water pump & oil changes kept up to date. (The previous post mentioned were repairs needed over time).

o

Have the suspinsion parts checked.Things like Ball Joints.

o

You say that you can feel the wheel turning, with your foot, & I am inclined to believe you. All I can think of that might cause this would be for the floor of the cabin to be flexing slightly under certain conditions. Some cars have significant body flex, including certain convertibles. But your car is not a convertible, and it is not weakened by rust and corrosion. If you can get the Toyota service manager to test drive the car, you can get a second opinion.

o

Did you check torque on the wheel lugs?

o

You didn't mention wheel bearings.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here