Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dealer or manuf, recommendations

Posted by fred1944 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 19, 05 at 10:45

Hi all,

my wife acquired a new honda, elemnt to be precise. now the dealer book syas to have oil change, checkup ect every 3250 miles. the manufactuere calls for every 7500 miles or so..

I understand the dealer reasoning. On top of it,, we negotiated an additional 1 year warranty on the vehicle, 4 years insteda of 3. does it make sense to go with the dealer recommendations? i think if we dont, that probablly voids the 4th year.

thanbks fred

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dealer or manuf, recommendations

If you think there's a warranty issue and the dealership has a say in it, go by what they say. After the warranty is up, do what the manufacturer says, or whatever you want. There should be a schedule 'A', regular use, and a schedule 'B', severe use mainainence schedule listed in your book. You can decide which one fits your usage. When in doubt, the old 3 month 3k mile interval is always a safe bet.

o
RE: Dealer or manuf, recommendations

i would get things clarified from the dealer and from honda. my dealer goes by the what the manufacturer recomends. as in oil changes at 5000 miles or 6 months.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here