Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shaking steering wheel

Posted by carolb447 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 10, 08 at 10:31

My son has a 1994 buick regal, he told me that on the highway the steering wheel shakes. About 2 weeks ago he hit a curb and damaged the front tire, he replaced that tire.I am wondering if the problem is the tires are unbalanced and could that be what is causing the shaking steering wheel? He was told that the car needs new shocks. What should we do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shaking steering wheel

If the tire was not balanced or is out of balance that could cause the steering wheel to shake.I had a Buick Regal 1994 it had struts not shocks.

o

If the problem just started when he hit the curb, the most likely problem is the tire is out of balance or perhaps he bent the rim.

o

Your son may also have damaged some parts in the front suspension. I would take the car to a trusted shop to have it looked at.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here