Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
digital climate control

Posted by joe_mn (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 12, 11 at 8:42

99 intrigue. the car has dual digital climate control. the onscreen outside temp is off about 30 degF from actual. could it be the external temp sensor? anyone know where that is? the function led lights are not working also for dash/vent/floor. maybe i should just scrounge up a junkyard dash module. any ideas? the a/c works fine, temps feel good.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: digital climate control

Joe, if it is like the Grand Prix it is next to the right hand head light on the radiator support. Loosen and lift the right side of the black plastic cover between the grill and radiato support. This is what it looks like (hope the link works) I just replaced one on my sons 99 Grand Prix. Cost around $13.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Ambient-Air-Temperature-Sensor-BWD_18480682-P_761_R:GRPSENSAMS_528052575____

o
RE: digital climate control

Joe, A couple of follow up thoughts. When you change the sensor it might not change the temp display right away. The way the system is designed is you have to drive the car for 1 1/2 minutes at 25 mph before it changes the temp display. Or 1 minute a 45 mph (sensor needs to get into clean air). After sensor is changed. I found that out the hard way. While trouble shooting the Grand Prix I switched the one out of my wife's van (same part #) and the temp display didn't change (didn't drive it just switched sensors). So I concluded that the sensor wasn't the problem. Then I found out about the speed and time factor. So went and purchased sensor and it work fine. This started when the AC would not work. Had the system evac. and re-charged and still didn't work. Then realized the outside temp was reading 34 degrees. AC won't work if outside temp is reading below 38 degrees.

HTH
Bob

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here