Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Something I'm excited about

Posted by john_g (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 19, 07 at 6:45

Most of you on the board have known me for a long time. I know I come across as pretty opinionated/cynical once in a while but hope you see past that and find the points that I am trying to make .

Anyway, there is an Automotive Diagnostic Technician Expo going on in the US. Part of it started with a PC based test. The test has some 340 possible questions, randomly selected by the computer. Techs are given one hour to take the test and each of us participating has been graded by only the correct answers for the questions we answered. (Nobody has answered more than 50% of the possible questions) This was one hard test! While there is still time for me to get knocked off, for now I am at #3 in region 4 (North East) and set to be one of the people who get to do the hands on competition in Philly Oct 13th. If somehow I manage to win that, I'll get to try for the national title, in January, in Hawaii.

Like I said, I'm pretty excited, and hopefull that my score stands up. Testing will run for just about one more week. When your looking at this page, scroll down to the bottom and look at the National standings, for iATN members. I'm telling you now because since I am at #10, I'm likely to get bumped off of that list any day now. But I was there for a little while anyway. It's really neat to see some of the other names there. There are guys that I have known for a number of years to be the best of the best, and to even be on that list even if just barely is a suprise for me.

http://www.ade2007.com/rating.html

There is the link, surf the rest of the webpage.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Something I'm excited about

You're still there. Good job, and good luck!

o

I rarely post on here,but read many of the posts and have always enjoyed your replies. Congrats!!

o

Hey John G.: Thank goodness for your "opinionated and cynical" comments on this list. I for one find most of them to be rather refreshing and you usually "tell it like it is". You've helped a lot of us with your insight and knowledge over the years. I will follow your position on the test list with interest. Go gettum John!!
Bucky

o

Good for you, John! Good luck on getting all the way through!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here