SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anna_2424

Oh no... what can I do?

anna_2424
18 years ago

PLEASE, please, please help me! I bought a minivan yesterday from a private seller and thinking I had been so careful with checking everything out, I got home very happy and pleased and started to clean it out a bit better. When I got to the windows I realized that they weren't just dirty, there's something seriously wrong with them. It looks like hard water deposits etched on the windows - there's also a weird greasy 'film' on them that's a bit hazy. I have tried everything in the book to get this off and am now distraught that I may have a serious problem on my hands.

Does anyone know of a heavy-duty 'stripper' or 'polish' I could use? I have tried vinegar and some other window cleaners, as well as diluted clr and nothing helps. Is there someplace that could do this for me (I don't think this a normal detailing job)?

This is to be our family van and I did not budget to have all the windows replaced:( I am so upset and worried about this. If anyone has some expertise, I would so appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comments (14)

Sponsored