Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suzuki xl-7

Posted by haydukeii (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 17, 05 at 0:48

Was looking at buying a 2001 Suzuki XL-7. What can anyone tell me about this model of vehicle? Never owned a Suzuki before except for a Suzuki 110 mini-bike for the boy.

We test drove the vehicle this afternoon and it was nice. It had decent power, was fairly roomy, and comfortable. It was in pretty good condition with 52000 miles on it. The engine did look brand new which I thought was a bit strange for a 5 yr old vehicle. Interior condition was clean with no stains, holes, or bad odors.

They are asking 12,990, which I think is too much and I won't pay that much. Maybe 11,990.

Any advice on this one?

Thanks
Hayduke

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suzuki xl-7

i owned the shorter wheel base model, dont remember now what the name was sidekick,vitara??? but it was a very well built trouble free vehicle. i enjoyed driving it, and would consider buying one again. my neighbor has had one of the 2 dr cloth topped models for many years now and had no problems with it. the 2 shorter models were also sold as chevy trackers, the longer xl-7 model wasnt rebadged as a chevy though. i think suzuki is one of g.m.s better brands, they should push it more.

o
RE: Suzuki xl-7 Thanks Bill H!

Thanks Bill H!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here