SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dejay_blink

Intrepid Problem...

dejay_blink
17 years ago

I have a 2001 Dodge Intrepid with 200k miles. "I know, HORRIBLE MILAGE >.Anyways i was driving it one day after adding a Quart of Oil, i made it maybe 5 miles and the car started cutting out. So i pulled off of the main road i was on, as soon as i did the car died and the Oil light began flashing. I looked up from my dashbaord and saw smoke coming out, so i poped the hood and it looked as if the smoke was coming from a cylinder like drum to the right of the engine. Eventualy, after the car stopped smoking it started leaking what looked like Oil with a mix of anti-freeze. I checked my overflow tank and it was empty. So i got back in the car and see if it would start, i started up with a little hesitation and seemed to be running normal, so i just drove it on home. By the time i got to my drive way it had died again. So, i waited about 4 or 5 hours and decided to loosen up the oil plug thingy "sorry im retarded about cars!" and it seemed like some anti-freeze was mixed with my oil. The reason for my post is to see if that means i have a blown gasket somewhere or if i caught the problem early enough to take a "quick fix" approach to this situation. If someone could enlighten me, i would be forever greatful. Thanks for your time.

Comments (2)

Sponsored