SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrewuc

Accident In An Intersection, Both Drivers Claimed A Green Light

andrewuc
16 years ago

Here is the story. When I was approaching an intersection, the traffic light changed to red. I stopped at the marked stop line. After the traffic light turned green, I proceeded into the intersection. When I passed the middle of the intersection, the other party¡¯s car rushed out from right side (west), and hit the front end of my car (right side). After both cars stopped, the other party drove her car backward a little. Then I moved my car slowly and pulled it over to the side of the street. I called 911, and the police officers asked both sides and my witnesses. No ticket was issued.

Here is the trafficcrash report:

Unit 1 vehicle was traveling eastbound, while unit 2 (my car) was traveling southbound. Unit 1 struck unit 2 a unit 2 was exiting the intersection. Unit 1 and Unit 2 stated they had the green light. No reported injuries.

Now both parties had witnesses (the other party's witnesses even did now what happenned, but she support the other party with unknown reasons).

Both party's insurance companies said to deny the claims. What should I do next? And in this situation, what will be the final results?

My friend told me that:

Traffic law probably states that one cannot entire an obstructedintersection even if one has a green light. Since you were struckexiting the intersection, the officer's account suggests you were in theintersection already and that the other driver was entering theintersection. This set of events is not consistence with you running ared light since the other driver would still have the burden of cautionupon getting a green light.

Does this supports me a little in the court?

Thanks for your review and comments or suggestions.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Brenda M. Miller Designer of Interior Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars73 Reviews
Client-Oriented Interior Design in Loudoun County | Best of Houzz X6