SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spencer_electrician

Need to make a decision quick, buying a suburban with 100k miles

For some time now I have been looking for a new vehicle. I have my own electrician business and I wan't to have size but also the luxury to enjoy while circling the city all day. I've ruled out cargo vans because I really just dislike them. I currently drive a Nissan Xterra which is way to small but the idea works keeping everything in tool boxes and supplies in boxes with the seats folded down. The problem is, an 8 foot ladder goes from the back door to the windshield. I have heard the suburban gives 8 feet of cargo room from the back door to the backs of the front chairs. I also am going to need to occaisonally pull a small cargo trailer.

The opportunity I have is a year 2000 suburban 1500 LT completely loaded. It is being sold by a wealthy suburbs family and has records off all maintnance performed at Chevy. Their cost is only $10,000. I have always grown up with thoughts of Honda, Nissan, Toyota run forever. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc run till 100k and then awful things happen. But as I research more and more, I seem to find good things about the suburban. People selling them with 285,000 miles and such.

If they are that good, does that time frame typically include a change in transmission or perhaps an engine? Any other expensive routine things at 100k? Or things that typically go out in the next 100,000 mile period. I have a good feeling about this one because it seems to have been used lightly and has been maintained at the dealership.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments (2)

Sponsored