SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spencer_electrician

Need to make a decision quick, buying a suburban with 100k miles

For some time now I have been looking for a new vehicle. I have my own electrician business and I wan't to have size but also the luxury to enjoy while circling the city all day. I've ruled out cargo vans because I really just dislike them. I currently drive a Nissan Xterra which is way to small but the idea works keeping everything in tool boxes and supplies in boxes with the seats folded down. The problem is, an 8 foot ladder goes from the back door to the windshield. I have heard the suburban gives 8 feet of cargo room from the back door to the backs of the front chairs. I also am going to need to occaisonally pull a small cargo trailer.

The opportunity I have is a year 2000 suburban 1500 LT completely loaded. It is being sold by a wealthy suburbs family and has records off all maintnance performed at Chevy. Their cost is only $10,000. I have always grown up with thoughts of Honda, Nissan, Toyota run forever. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc run till 100k and then awful things happen. But as I research more and more, I seem to find good things about the suburban. People selling them with 285,000 miles and such.

If they are that good, does that time frame typically include a change in transmission or perhaps an engine? Any other expensive routine things at 100k? Or things that typically go out in the next 100,000 mile period. I have a good feeling about this one because it seems to have been used lightly and has been maintained at the dealership.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County