Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacing the Ford Ranger w/a used Toyota pickup--help pls!

Posted by sooz (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 07 at 18:28

The Ranger's been a good little pickup truck. It's a 1985 model, automatic tranny, no a/c, just a radio, and we've put 137,000 miles on it with no major problem.

We just decided this morning to check out a used Toyota pickup, but haven't determined much more than we want a Toyota with a/c and automatic transmission. We don't have snow here in So. Cal, and we're not hauling huge heavy loads either. Don't need an extended cab or frills.

Does anyone have any recommendations for something maybe 4 or 5 years old? We plan to check out the Consumer Rpts used car issue at the Library on Friday, but meanwhile, I'm hoping to get input here.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Smiles,
Sooz

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacing the Ford Ranger w/a used Toyota pickup--help pls!

I have had a 2WD 1997 Toyota Tacoma for 7 years now. It is pretty basic with the only options being a/c, a bed liner, and a cd player.

It has been a great little truck with now 150,000 miles and I have had very little trouble over the years.

o

Thanks! We are looking/test driving some Toyota trucks today!

Smiles,
Sooz

o

i`ve had both rangers and toyotas both good trucks, i would rate the ranger as more of a soft truck comfortable nice riding, the toyota more of a work truck, harder riding more spartan interior. both brands served me well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here