Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
equinox wiper

Posted by joe_mn (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 11 at 17:48

09 equinox. still has warranty. just noticed the low speed wiper setting does not work. service tech said could be a bad resistor. or loose wire. i assume the multi function stalk needs to be changed. but i don't have to pay for it so i guess it does not matter. i recall some blower motors use a series of resistors to vary fan speed. does chevy use the same scheme to control wiper speed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: equinox wiper

If the tech said that it may need a new resistor, then I assume that the low speed is controlled by a resistor in series with the motor.

These days, its tough to make a general statement about speed control and be correct. Electronics has introduced new ways control the speed of DC motors. If you really want to know, your best bet is to get a good repair manual.

o
RE: equinox wiper

always use the delay setting. had a heavy rain and needed to use low setting. did not work. not sure how long it has not worked. i assume a warranty repair will swap out parts. figure most new car electronics is r&r, not repair.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here