Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you name your cars?

Posted by cheerful1 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 28, 06 at 15:47

We've given our cars names over the years. It almost makes them part of the family. It may seem silly to some, but I think it's nice. Has anyone else done this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you name your cars?

Yes back a few years ago we drove old cars.We named them we had a Mercury station wagon named War Wagon Also a Pontiac 6000 wagon with wood look sides.Its name was Woody.I had several rusty beaters named Rusty.Also a Oldsmobel named Olsmobeater.There was a Ford Pickup named Chester and a Chevy truck named Sparky.I had a Ford car that broke down along the road a lot.Its name was Sooner.Because I would sooner leave it home then take it anyplace.

o

Absolutely! Actually my '94 325i convertible came with one - The Princess - and she is, most definitely. She gets the one-car garage, and the other two sit outside. My '99 Saab is the Kemosaabe, and DH's 2001 Cadillac was The Beast. He now has an Accord, which is way too bland to even think up a name for. My mom's Buick Roadmaster is the "Master Blaster". DH had a Maxima once that we called the "Black Max" (it was black - duh).

o

Not usually, but DD always names her cars--regular girl-type names. Forget what she's calling the current one.

However, if you've seen the Voodoo Blue FJ Cruiser, you can probably understand why we refer to my new car as the Cookie Monster (and it doesn't hurt that I'm a cooking teacher and recipe contester--LOL)

o

I only give them a name (some sort of cuss word) when they're not working right.... or a nice name, when I'm trying to get them somewhere off the road when sputtering or something.

o

I had a Model-A Ford (in my youth). Called it "Betsy", and when the radiator leaked, it was "Betsy Wetsy".

o

HAHAHAHAHAH!! I love this!...thought I was the only person on earth that names her vehicles.

My '88 560SL's name is "Benny"
The Land Rover's is "Larry"
My Deuce is "Miss Pearl"...and my 1940 Flathead is "Cy" (short for Cyclops) LOL

I need a life...or more pets. *snork!

o

Our '96 red Explorer's name is "Nick"
Our new white Accord's name is "Snowflake"
Our '04 blue Dakota's name is "Popeye"

I just realized we're a patriotic family!

o

Not usually, but I did own an '87 Town Car that I often referred to as "The Imperial Star Cruiser"...

o

oh yea, all 3 have names-- overpriced P.O.S. NO 1 overpriced P.O.S. NO 2 and overpriced P.O.S. NO 3! hows that for names?

o

79 impala wifes dad's car "big Ben" his name was benny
85 nissan 720 "little bob" my Dad's name
53 Ford Crown Vic - "Nellie Bell"
2001 S-10 "Little Eldie" My uncles former truck & his name
All the above are memorials to those who have passed away

o

Pick-up named Elvis
BMW named Lou

o

My Prius's name and license plate is MYLORAX. Only people with children or grandchildren get the connection.

o

Yes, and I get it from my mother, who like JemDandy, calls all of her cars "Betsey" and talks to them on steep hills. Anything grey (was '93 Saturn, now '02 Hyundai) is "Silver Machine" - the '90 Toyota that stalls in the rain is "Red Deathtrap."

o

One of my sons used to call my old rabbit diesel "the clown car":)

o

Yes, have a 1959 Morris Minor Named "Chuggie" pre-named by person who left it to me. former car - Pontiac Bonneville was "Bonnie" (Natch) and current Pontiac Torrent is "The Streak" number of cars over the years all named (especially if they were not running well !

o

No , but I once had a car named Anita . Anita exhaust system ,anita brake job , anita wheel alignment , anita paint job , anita head gasket ....well you get the drift .

o

I have a friend who said they used to call their '73 Lincoln Town car, the "Lincoln Town House."
I've named my black Grand Marquis, "Black Betty."

o

My 87 Ciera is Veronica... always called her that, though it seems a more voluptuous car should have that for a name.

o

YES!
my first was an 88 mercedes - named "sadie"
Next came the yellow ford escape - "sunny"
Then was a mini van that I called - "Big and Bold"
I drove the van in place of my P.O.S. red volvo that didnt have ac and was an awful unattractive faded red color. So naturally I called her - "Red Hot"

And finally I have a nice car, and 08 Corolla S - Yet to be named!
Everyone keeps giving me suggestions but they havent been the right fit - Ill know it when I hear it! lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here