Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2000 vw air bag and check engine lites

Posted by kiche1 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 18, 05 at 15:46

2000 VW beetle,the air bag and check engine lites ore on, I can't shut them off,We hooked up the computer thing on it but can't get them to go off.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2000 vw air bag and check engine lites

What kind of a tool are you using?

(Name, model, software update current???)

What codes are being displayed?

Are they "current" codes? Or are they only "history"?

If current, are you performing any diagnostics for the codes being displayed, or simply trying to clear them without actually doing diagnostics and repairs?

o
RE: 2000 VW air bag and check engine lites

Sadly, the day of the economical to operate motor vehicle is over. The car or truck are slowly becoming luxuries rather than necessities - thanks to the environmentalists and safety nazis..
Other than a very expensive trip to the dealer(but some of this may be covered under warranty) the only other thing the car owner may or can do is assure that the battery is suppling the vital 12.0 volts(minimum) to the computer...

o
RE: 2000 vw air bag and check engine lites

How about getting back to us, Kiche ??
The outcome of this problem may be interesting.
Read what John has written, don't worry too much about my rant...
My SRS light also glows on the '96 Saab 900..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here