SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
savithagopalan

Advice on car problem

savithagopalan
18 years ago

I have a 2001 Nissan Sentra with 27K miles on it. Today, when driving at 60 mph on an interstate the engine simply stopped and the 'service engine soon' sign came up. I pulled over to the shoulder, turned the keys off and tried starting the car again. The engine did not switch on despite several attempts. After about 15 minutes, I tried again and the engine took off. I could drive the car at about 60 mph but felt an unusal drag/effort in having to drive at that speed. I drove for about 6 miles and the engine died again. Again, I couldn't start it immediately but could start it after a 10-minute break. After this episode repeated itself 3-4 times, I reached home.

I just filled gas a couple of days ago so lack of fuel can be ruled out. Whenever the engine starts, it doesn't make any unsusual sounds. The car lights/AC etc are fine. I don't think the the car is over heated becasue the temperature level on the panel is normal. I have been servicing it regularly and the car is not due for the next service until it hits 29000 miles. Any idea what might be wrong with the car?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions