Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best trailer?

Posted by jscozz (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 3, 05 at 14:40

I am looking for a utility trailer for hauling my lawn tractor, loads of lumber/supplies from Home Depot, furniture, etc... about 10 times a year I rent a truck, have things delivered or want to use my lawn tractor at my parents house and can't, so I am sure it will pay for itself...

I am looking for a 6x12 open trailer with ramp and screw jack... good quality... solid sides. I have looked at the Pace trailers at Home depot, and have a trailer dealer that sells BigTex and EZDump... anyone have any recommendations on what brand is best quality?

Thanks,
Jeff

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best trailer?

just look for good build quality, good welds, large tires 12 inch or bigger, smaller 8 inch tend to go bad at highway speeds. you might also want to check on the lawn mower and tractor forum under gardens those guys could give you some insight.

o

The landscape trailers sold at Home Desperado are just what you're looking for. 15" wheels, good quality and will haul what you want. Just be sure your vehicle can haul the weight too. The trailers weigh about 500 to 600 pounds dry and loading it can run it up to about 1,500 pounds. They usualy have a 2,500 pound rated axle assembly so even a minivan that'll tow 2,000 pounds will work. Just be sure you have the correct hitch assembly.

I have 2 enclosed cargo trailers that I use in my crafts business. One is a 10 year old Haulmark that I just can't kill. And I just got a new "Haulin" trailer and with the ramp door it's great. And since they're enclosed, I can use them for dry storage when needed.

o

Check out "Bear Tracks". They are all aluminum, 13" radials, and have an arched bifold gate/ramp so mower decks can clear. I love mine!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here