Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chrysler 300C and Dodge Charger

Posted by EaglesInFlorida (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 11, 05 at 11:20

I would appreciate any input re the Chrysler 300C and the new Dodge Charger(Hemi Engine on both). I am considering purchasing one as my primary car (getting rid of the company Taurus and purchasing/leasing one of these)..thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chrysler 300C and Dodge Charger

I have owned several Chryslers in the past - easy to work on and cheap(quality-wise) ! But you will have to decide for yourself.
Good to see an "American" car being considered..with the much more practical Diesel engine even I would be interested..

o

german cars are cool! i like the 300, didnt like the charger when i 1st saw it but its grown on me. too bad you cant get the diesel in them here in the u.s. too bad daimler didnt get rid of the chrysler name when they took over, chrysler name has alot of bad quality issues assoiated with it.

o

Who needs a Hemi with these gas prices and the need for a nation wide lowered speed limit?

o

The lowered speed limit in the 70s worked because the cars had carburetors. Today's injected engines won't see any manageable difference at the 55 limit as it did 30 years ago. Funny thing though, we have an interstate type highway here in VT (Route 7)and the limit is still 55 mph. And the other day they caught a kid in one of those useless Corvettes doing 140 in that 55 zone. He thought he could outrun those 2 way radios.

o

earthworm, american car being considered????? chrysler is a german company and the above models are built in canada. not that theres anything wrong with that, but chrysler is no more or less "american" than toyota , honda, hyundai etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here