SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcavicchio

1997 Saturn Power Windows Issues

mcavicchio
16 years ago

I have a driver's side power window and power sunroof which don't open and close all the time. I have tried cleaning the contacts inside the sunroof switch, using compressed air to clean the driver's window switches, and used contact cleaner on both. I have throughly cleaned with windows. Has anyone had similar problems and how much would it cost to have the switches replaced? One caveat to it all is that when the driver's side window doesn't go down after lifting the switch, when I shut the car off, open the door, and then close it hard, the window "releases" and drops down!! Go figure! With the power sunroof, it's more of a challenge--when it does respond to pressing the switch, it only opens a little and then gets stopped--the "tracks" on it have been thoroughly cleaned and provided with new grease by using WD-40 spray, so I know it's not from "caked" old grease stopping it. But to get it to close, the flat button must be pressed in just the right way...which either tells me that the contacts are worn out in the switch or I need a new switch entirely. But if anyone has had these two windows problems I'd like to know realistically how much it cost to have the switches replaced, because it seems very costly for labor to access the center control panel switches , plus the costs of the switches themselves(one for the driver's side window, one for the power sunroof)

Comments (2)

Sponsored