Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Isuzu 1999 Rodeo troubles....

Posted by Kiwi (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 24, 05 at 2:44

Hi Folks,

My 17 year old son just purchased a 99 Rodeo and we are having a few problems, could sure use some help please. *smiles*

First problem: The dome light is staying on. When he switches it to the off position it will no longer come on when you open the doors. This is not a good thing at night when entering your car. Any ideas how we can get the dome light to work like it should? What do you think is causing this?

Second problem: The key remote is not working and when you do click on the lock button to unlock or lock you get a honking sound, not a panic button sound, just a strange sound. lol

Any help with this would certainly be appreciated. :)

Thanks

Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Isuzu 1999 Rodeo troubles....

The key remote probably needs new batteries and/or cleaned contacts.
A door switch is worn or sticking.
Both of there are normal service items, particularly the battery..The owner should have two remotes, without a back-up there can be much grief...

o

Hi Earthworm, thank you... *smiles*

Actually we do have both remotes and they are both doing the same thing so I kind of ruled out a battery. Ya wouldn't think they would both need it. They were working just fine and then this problem started overnight.

How can we check the door switch?

Thank you again for replying. ;)

Jan

o

I guess that you should be needing to really check things out here. In that way, you would be able to find what is the trouble of that vehicle. If not, try to read some bulletins and news about this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Isuzu recalls

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here