Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
chrysler 300????

Posted by bill_h (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 6, 06 at 0:22

since i cant buy a holden ute, or a falcon ute here, and my sister is leaving hyundai/kia for johnson controls in the next cpl months. i`am in the market for a car, takin my time dont know for sure what i want but these are on the list, the new lincoln zephyr, cadilac cts, chrysler 300 v6,toyota avalon,and hyundai azera. in the end it will most likely come down to whatever i get the best lease price on. only one i`ve driven is the azera, sweet ride but without sis`s employee discount, its just another car. the lincoln is high on the list, the dealer is within walking distance, i like that nothing worse than driving 30 miles for an oil change. but that 300 really talks to me, but past experiance with chrysler has not been good. are they any better now that daimler owns them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: chrysler 300????

Don't know if they're better or worse. I've had a couple mopars in the past including the '98 durango we drive now and haven't had any trouble. Out of those I'd pick the 300 in a heart beat...only with a v-8. Haven't test driven either one but it seems like a lot of car for a v-6. I see the fuel economy is about the same with either engine so I'd opt for the one that better keeps up with traffic.

What difference does the discount make? hyundia/kia are cheeper than the cars you're talking about now anyway.

o

you would think so, but no the hyundai azera i looked at, cost more than the cts or the 300, less than the lincoln or avalon, that was just looking at stickers, i`am sure content was different. but since i will be leasing sticker dosent mean much. most times its what ever company wants to move the most iron put out the cheapest lease. my company provides so much a month toward a car, i`am free to spend more. until now i`ve always purchased a cheap car, and that was that. but now i no longer have a mortgage, and i want to live a little. if i could get the 300 v8 at a great lease that would be ok but i would never pay extra for a v8. besides most my driving is stop and go at 45mph or below. i see the 300 offers both a 2.9 or 3.5 v6 the cts a 2.8 or 3.?, i also wonder about rear drive, we get some snow here.

o

since i will be leasing sticker dosent mean much. most times its what ever company wants to move the most iron put out the cheapest lease. my company provides so much a month toward a car, i`am free to spend more.

The fact that your company kicks in is what makes the difference. Lease payments depend on the residual value of the car as well as whatever the dealer/manufacturer is willing to kick in. The 300 is popular, which, barring very expensive gasoline or carppy quality control, is likely to mean a higher sale price, but higher resale value as well. A car like the Zephyr, which isn't selling well (in fact, IIRC, it's gone as of next year) likely will have a low resale value, which means you, as the lessee, have to make up that additional loss through your lease payments. You're insulated from that some since a chunk of your lease payment comes from elsewhere, but it's still worth considering. Other considerations are large differences in fuel mileage and whether one model costs more to insure than another ('cuz that payment is on you, right?).

i also wonder about rear drive, we get some snow here.

Traction control makes a huge difference in RWD cars in snow and ice. So do either snow tires (likely to be overkill for your weather) or all-seasons that are decent in snow. The really good ones have a snowflake symbol on them that indicates they've been tested for use in snow. Even if you spend a few hundred on good all-seasons, you'll feel much more confident about the weather.

o

The Toyota Avalon would have the best residual value in the whole bunch. I'd say best quality too. Only I am not going to lie and tell you buying a toyota is an easy, carefree process because it's not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here