SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Did I just get taken advantage of?

alisande
12 years ago

I neglected to get my SUV inspected in June as required, and asked a popular chain service center to squeeze the vehicle in this afternoon. They did so, and everyone was very nice, but told me several things had to be done before it would pass.

I needed two new tires, but the vehicle requires that all four be changed at once. Also, a tie rod was loose and had to be replaced, and a realignment was needed. They asked if I wanted the oil and transmission fluid changed as long as I was there, and I said yes.

Three-and-a-half hours later, I paid them $1,100, which included a senior citizen discount. I looked at the itemized bill when I got home. The oil change was $30, which seemed reasonable, but the transmission fluid exchange was $130. There were two charges of $80 each for differential fluid exchange, which I don't recall being mentioned, and a $60 for transfer case service, which I never heard of. Also, I was charged $44.00 for a tire protection plan. Isn't that supposed to be optional? No one asked me if I wanted it.

I get the feeling a woman alone is a sitting duck in these places. What does this sound like to you?

Comments (4)

Sponsored