SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

Trailer light connector

jerry_nj
18 years ago

I am planning to put a trailer light connector on my new Chevy Colorado pickup truck. When in WalMart tonight I stopped by the boating display and almost bought a 6 wire generic connector when I saw (even) WalMart had some 4 wire connector packages specific to some truck makes. On looking at the one for Chevrolet, newer models, it provided a "T" cable for the truck end saying not wires to splice. Pictures on the back show the truck to have an electric plug just forward of the rear bumper, left hand side, to which one simply unplugs and inserts the trailer "T", bingo you're all connected. I then looked under my truck and indeed there is a connector in the electric wiring going to the break, running, turn, backup lights.

Anyone out "there" used one of these "T" connectors? It looks too easy to be true. My owner manual is silent about any trailer light connecton, I didn't buy the shop manual, they are getting real expensive, and cars/trucks these days are so good one doesn't need a shop manual, in most cases, for the first 10 years of ownership :>)

Comments (8)

Sponsored