Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vibration in 2000 Camry while stopped in light

Posted by raj30 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 07 at 21:18

I bought a 2000 Camry last month and its acting same like when I am stopped in a red light, its vibrating and can be feel through the steering, brake pedal and the RPM meter is also vibrates between 2000 to 4000 constantly. And the engine sounds like drums beat(not loud) with the vibration. But this does not happen all the times, only once/twice a day it happens. While vibrating if I shift the gear to the parking, it shut down the engine sometimes. And when i again keep moving, then it runs fine. Can anybody help me fix this. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vibration in 2000 Camry while stopped in light

I have this same problem with my Avalon. They replaced an O2 sensor and it ran fine for about 3 months. Now it is doing it again. I'm taking it in tomorrow.

I understand that there are 2 O2 sensors. I'll post when I get my car back.

Its kind of scary huh?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here