Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maybach

Posted by pawprint1 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 5, 05 at 19:18

When did these start to appear? Wow, if I had an extra $500,000 I'd sure think about it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maybach

Cluttered, strange rear appearance, generally uninspired.
It could and should have been better..The classics from the 30s had far more style and pizazz.

o

They've been out for about a year now. It's DaimlerChrysler's attempt to compete with Rolls-Royce (which is now owned by BMW), and perhaps with (Volkswagen-owned) Bentley's higher-end offerings.

The Maybach looks and drives a bit too much like a Benz S600, but the longer 62 model has what may be the most gorgeous and comfortable rear-seat compartment now available.

o

Maybach's were built in the 20s through the 40s. The name was ressurected in ~2002.

see the attached for more info.

Here is a link that might be useful: maybach

o

FWIW.

Current Maybach owner's will be upset, IMO, when they see the new MB S500 that will be shown in autumn 2005 at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

It resembles the Maybach and costs less... :-)

TJ

Here is a link that might be useful: TheCarConnection.com / Shoppers / Future Cars / Daimler-Chrysler

o

when you're buying cars in this price range I don't think anyone gets upset about cost. nor does the typical buyer really care about handling/performance of these super luxury cars. For that kind of money it HAD BETTER handle and perform (albiet with some differences betwee models). IMHO these cars are about comfort and "making a statement". Based on volume I'd say the Maybach makes more of a statement than the Benz. just my 0.02

o

And back home, other than the Corvette, what do we have ?

Nothing !

No Maybach, no Rolls-Royce, no Packard, no Cadillac Eldorado, no true Lincoln Continental, no Dusenberg, nothing.

What is the matter ??

o

The back seat looks VERY cozy! I wouldn't mind being a passenger ever again!

o

"And back home, other than the Corvette, what do we have ?
Nothing !"

Corvette is a different animal. In the performance car arena (Corvette) we have the Ford GT-40, the Viper, smaller names like the Calloway-enhanced vette, shelby cobras, etc.

Agreed, that in all out luxury I can't think of a truly American alternative to a Rolls, etc. (although remember Maybach is Daimler-CHRYSLER) LOL

o

FWIW.

More information about the 2007 S-Class from The Car Connection:

"Hints of Maybach and even VW crop up in its pronounced wheelhouses and sloping tail.".

The complete review linked below...

TJ

Here is a link that might be useful: TheCarConnection.com / Vehicle Reviews / Luxury Cars / 2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

o

Here's a comprehensive review on the elegant (and very expensive) 2006 Maybach 62, with lots of info on design, performance and features. Available are also a photo gallery and commercial video of the Maybach 62.

'The top model is the Maybach 62 which is an extended version of the 57 sedan - one of the most expensive and opulent cars on Earth. It offers every conceivable luxury and some extra unthinkable things...'

Here is a link that might be useful: Maybach 62 TopSpeed review

o

Two days ago, my father just purchased a 2007 S600. They have been buying Mercedes, usually two at a time, for thirty-four years. Yesterday, I went for a ride. This is, by far, the best one yet.

A woman's perspective: Sitting in the passenger seat is like sitting inside a piece of art. (I was going to say a fine handbag.) The double stitched high grade black leather covers the dashboard. The roof interior is covered in a beautiful smooth pewter suede. The sound system is amazing. The engine performance and ride is as smooth as silk. I love the 'old style' clock.

He's trying to talk Mom into one, but she still loves her 2000 S500, that is still wearing its original tires with only 16K miles.

You can see where the money goes in the making of this car. It really is a feast for the eyes, inside and out. The ride isn't too bad either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here