Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Freedom Fuel Additive

Posted by paddle (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 8, 06 at 18:51

Has anyone tried this stuff? I have always used Lucas oil additive in my vehicles, but a neighbour it trying to sell me this Freedom Fuel stuff, expensive $20 a bottle! Is this just another Gas Saver claims? maybe a pyramid thing?
thanx
jim
Canada

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Freedom Fuel Additive

If gasoline was $3.15 per gallon, you'd have to save 6.3 gallons per bottle of that stuff to break even.

o

The "Pills" do not work. The most common ingredient to any of these "gas savers" are napthalene, moth balls for a better, more common description. Oh, they have a little dye in them to color them too.

I saw a tent at a local flea market selling these things just Friday. They sounded so sincere, and they had a photo copy of an emissions test claiming how much cleaner the car ran with their product.

Now their first problem, the emissions test readings were perfectly normal for any car that is working correctly. The numbers were not excessively low as they tried to claim, they were normal. Tough luck for them that I can actually interpret the readings since that is a significant part of what I do everyday.

They showed me a Bosch spark plug that had a reddish tint. This is supposedly the coating that their product is putting on the combustion chamber. Sorry Charlie, if you put enough of a coating of anything on a spark plug you will create an alternate path for the spark to follow, and you'll end up with a missfire when the spark jumps through it instead of across the gap of the plug. aka "a fouled plug"

The guy told me how he bought the "franchise". The franchise includes a video tape, and some brochures, and some bottles of the "product" and I use that word loosely. The difference between a manager and an area manager is whether a person buys about $150 dollars worth of this stuff VS $500 dollars and how many people they can talk into trying to sell it under them. They call that MLM, Multi level Marketing. See AMWAY for a descritpion of how that works.

The bottom line is state attorney generals in several states have been shutting down most of these "busineses". Testing of the materials has shown them to not be what they are claimed, napthalene is not non-toxic, in fact it's VERY TOXIC. The MSDS sheets for these products are at the least wrong, if not completely false. Search "freedom fuel" on google and start reading. You'll uncover quite a story. All of the details I have written here are from the Texas State attorney generals office and (just from such a google search), when they shut down a similar company earlier this year. It's just a matter of time before they get this one, and the next one after that.

When I told the guy selling this stuff who I was, and what I did, and then that the emissions test he had in his had was perfectly normal and was not a result of his magic pills and that I knew this product didn't work he really didn't know what to say. He had no clue he was falling for and passing on a rip-off.

o

I think we will be seeing more and more Snake oil additives.Why should the oil companys be the only ones to get there hands in our pockets.

o

The snake oil comment is accurate. Coincidentally a firm called "FREEDOM ADDITIVES, LLC" from Pittsburgh has an additive that is not available to consumers. It won a fuel consumption/emissions competition paid for by a large oil dilling company conducted by the eng. dep't at Colorado State University. 3 of the 9 additives invited declined to be tested (I wonder why?). 4 of the remaining who participated actually caused the engine to burn MORE fuel. Always ask for independent 3rd party testing proof.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here