SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gillian3_gw

Is my GEO kapput

gillian3
15 years ago

I purchased a 1993 GOEO metro 10/07 $1500+500 for repairs since: a few months after purchase my daughter was driving down the highway and it lost power the engine was still running she backed off the gas and shifted to 3rd that did the trick and drove just fine, a couple months later the same happened to me? The mechanic said he didn't have a clue. Then in June when ever i was at a stop sign or traffic light the car would start shaking and die so when ever stopped I had to keep the engine revved up the compression check was 100/80/95 it is still getting good gas mileage, and I have always had to keep an eye on the oil level putting in 1-1.5 qts per week, but now going down a hill and around a corner in town the engine dies I pop the clutch and it starts right up but I am thinking it is really unsafe to drive like this. Is the engine shot or is this the beginning of the end I may be saving on gas but the repairs are killing me and is the car worth putting any more money into. thank you for any advice you can give me backdoor3@iwon.com

Comments (3)

Sponsored