Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what to do-2 salesmen at same dealer

Posted by ld14051 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 07 at 14:50

I find myself in an awkward position. I went to a dealer and test drove a car. Salesman wrote up a a great offer sheet but I wasn't sure what make/model i really wanted so I just passed on it. Meanwhile, DH contacted same dealership's internet sales dept. and was sent a slightly better offer by the internet sales guy-a different guy than mine. Now we have 2 salesmen going at same place.
What is the proper way to deal with this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what to do-2 salesmen at same dealer

If you want to make the deal, do it over the internet. The normal procedure an individual would go through who was intending to buy via the internet would be to check out all the cars you may be interested in at any dealership. Figure out options you want, test drive, ect. Then do what DH did to get the best offer. You could contact several dealers at the same time. Best price wins. Doing business over the internet is often times cheaper because the floor salesman's commission is reduced or cut out altogether.

o
RE: what to do-2 salesmen at same dealer

They will split the commision anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here