SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gary__

Daughter's car got T-boned today, grrrrrrr

gary__
18 years ago

My daughter works nights at a cannery. While leaving the parking lot for home this morening, a co worker failed to yeild and nailed my daughter's '93 Tempo right between the doors on the passenger side. The lady that hit her accepts responsablity for the accident (so far). She gave my daughter her name and phone number, and she did call us this morning. Say's she doesn't have insurance and wants to pay for the damage out of her pocket. I hate it when people do crap like this. For one, the other driver is driving illegally. For two, I'm sure she's just making near minimum wage and a single mom, so I don't know what she thinks she's going to pay for the damage with. I'm 90% sure my daughter's car is totaled. It's worth probably $1500 ish. To repair, both passenger side doors would need replaced, damage to the rocker panel and most likely the 'B' piller needs repaired also. I didn't want to pry the door open for fear it wouldn't close again. The car is still good to drive. My daughter has uninsured motorist coverage. My inclination is to have my daughter fill out an accident report, and turn it in to our insurance. That would be $500 deductable. Maybe the lady could cough up the $500. Though she sounds nice and sincere enough, I'm afraid she doesn't have a pot to pee in and by the time we start talking money in earnest she'll have changed the story to we should be paying her. What do you think?

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida