Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
diesel truck info please

Posted by chezmonmi (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 24, 11 at 12:07

I'm in Iowa.
I haul compost, mulch, cinder/cement blocks, lumber, and other garden supplies. I need a new truck. Since I need a new car, too, I decided to get a nicer new truck ("nicer" is a relative term, I know)
I want diesel. I also want manual transmission. (I'm currently the princess of hyper-mile-ing)
I would give up the manual transmission but can not find a smaller diesel truck.
Can you tell me exactly who makes a 2012 or 2011 diesel truck that is smaller?
Thank you so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: diesel truck info please

The only diesels out there are the 3/4 ton trucks. Ford F250, Ram 2500 and GM 2500 series.

Now VW used to make a Rabbit diesel pickup, and it was a blast because it got 50 MPG in the real world. But that was 30 years ago.

o

I had a VW rabbit diesel. It got closer to 100 mpg...it had to be towed as much as it was driven. Worst POS I've ever owned.

o

I'll agree it wasn't the best thing on the market, but in 1982 there wasn't much of anything that was good.

My bunny pickup only lasted 100,000 miles before the electrics gave up and we couldn't find the short. But I did get 50 MPG.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here