SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kesca

Need help with '94 Sunbird

kesca
18 years ago

I've got two things worrying me with my car.

The first is I heard a thumping noise when I turn right. Could it need a new rotor? Or might the problem be in the steering column?

The other is more persistent, but only a problem if it rains. I have intermittent wipers that sometimes stop while in use. I believe I can reliably get them running if I have not used them in a while, but if I turn off the ignition it's a definate maybe as to whether they will come on again. If I failed to turn off the wipers before turning off the ignition that odds are against the wipers going on again.

I've had the board changed out, but the problem persists. I used to be able to get the wipers going again by manually pushing the in the current direction, but that no longer works.

I'm not sure if they are in any way related, but from what I 've read, there have been recalls of Chevy trucks with what sounds like the same problem. I'm not sure what was done to the recalled vehicles. Does anyone know? Could my car have the same problem since it's built by the same people?

Comments (6)

Sponsored