Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chevy Trailblazer (5 pass) cargo

Posted by photobob (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 13, 05 at 10:32

I'm going to rent a car for an upcoming trip (1000 mi. r/t) and I'll be carrying a bunch of stuff up and more back. The return trip will include a compact but awkward workbench that's 60" long. Overall 36Wx24Hx60D when lying on it's side, doesn't knock down.

I'm certain I can fit this into a Dodge Caravan, but I can save a nice chunk of change with a Chevy trailblazer. It should fit, but I'm a little concerned that the 60" length might not make it (rear seats down, tail door closed).

I'd appreciate comments from anyone familiar with the Trailblazer about whether or not it can carry this item.

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chevy Trailblazer (5 pass) cargo

Bump down

Made the long trek across town with a tape measure to a chevy dealer and got the answer.

Thanks anyhoo...

o

With the price of gas you might consider just buying or building a work bench locally.You could get a top notch model with the gas savings?

o

At auction, I was able to buy some fairly nice workbenches for 0.35 cents ! Transported them with the VW Diesel pickup.

Sill, Diesel mileage or not, Johndeere has a good point..

BTW, despite the rather large size of this Chevrolet SUV, I'll bet the bench did not fit...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here