Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
frame rails

Posted by cavell (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 8:25

took off front wheel on 03 honda odyssey. i have nice floor jack. i could not see any frame rail due to smooth underbody. and the front area under motor has a belly pan that hides any view of subframe. i usually use subframe as jacking point on my other cars. one person said use factory mentioned jack point behind front wheel to lift car and than support car with jack stand. ok. but where do i put jack stand? manual only says where jack point is. than one guy said, why do you think your van has a subframe? is he being a jerk or what?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: frame rails

Look for the jack that came with the vehicle. Often, jacking instructions are included in the storage area for the jack and the jacking locations are indentified.

Jacking locations should be in the owner's manual. If not, these may be found in a repair manual. However, before you buy a 3rd party repair manual, look in it to see if it has the jack points. You wouldn't want to buy the manual if it does not have what you need.

I am fairly certain that the jacking locations would be in the factory repair manual, but official manuals are much more costly than a general purpose repair manual. However, I have found over the past 20 years that the official factory repair manual is superior to 3rd party offerings and are worth it if you are going to keep the vehicle for several years and perform a considerable amount of its maintence.

The quality of 3rd party repair manuals have degraded over the past 30 years.

o
RE: frame rails

Found some jacking point images online. Even found image of owners manual jack lift info. Van has frt/rear center lift points too. Lift van, put stands under frame rail jacking points. Easy. And yes, the van does have a subframe.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here