Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need to convert a seven seater minivan into an eight seater

Posted by gildins (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 07 at 1:17

Please help me! I need to convert my seven seater 2000 Ford Windstar minivan from a seven seater to an eight seater. I cannot afford to buyy a new car! if anyone knows of any model bench I can use to change the middle bench from seating 2 to seating 3 I will be forever indebted. Thank You.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need to convert a seven seater minivan into an eight seater

Don't forget that you will need seat belt anchors and seat belts for each seat.

o

Is your third seat a three-seater? In your model, is it possible to put your third seat in the second row in place of the bench or captains' chairs? If so, you can do theat and buy a used third row seat from a salvage yard. www.car-parts.com has a great search feature, be sure to find out which years have exactly the smae seat as yours and put in those years as well.

I wish my Toyota Sienna thrid seat could fit the anchors for the second row, I would do this. I also want to make mine into an eight-seater but have not found a way yet.

o

During the "overloaded" times, you will have to drive more slowly, keep the tires fully inflated, and carefully watch the oil temperatures.
Good luck...

o

You'll also need some very agile 3rd row passengers. If you replace the 2nd row bench with a wider bench you'll be eliminating the access aisle to the 3rd row. Passengers will have to climb *over* the 2nd row bench.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here