SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth628_gw

Advice! E85 in regular car

beth628
15 years ago

Hello! I went to a new Meijer gas station today for the first time and I did not even know they sold bio-diesel. I accidentally put about a gallon in my car before I realized it said bio-Diesel. I believe it was e-85. I remember the sign said something about a low something or other bio-diesel fuel. It was almost midnight and I was in a bit of a panic after realizing what I'd done so I didn't stop to get too much info. I just was afraid my car wouldn't start or die on my 20 minute drive home. So I was almost on empty when I got the e-85 and then I put in enough to get me half a tank of regular unleaded, the lowest grade. I drive a beetle so I have really no knowledge about biodiesel or E-85 or if they are different. But, the car started fine and ran fine and I don't see any immediate results. I'm getting mixed information while searching the web. Will a gallon of this hurt my car? I'm thinking I should have the tank drained but I don't know how drastic this really is. I saw that e-85 is at least part gas. I have read accounts of people putting in diesel in regular cars and that had all sorts of issues. But I had no smoke or even a sputter. It started right up and so far has been fine. Obviously I should keep dilluting it so I plan on filling up first thing in the morning but all I had was a 20 which bought me half a tank. Please tell me I haven't ruined my car that is still 5 payments from being completely mine!!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored