Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any advice on a Toyota Sienna and a Hyundai Tucson?

Posted by downsouth (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 08 at 0:33

We plan on purchasing a vehicle in the next six months.

We rented a Hyundai Tucson in California for over a week and we love the way it drove. I have back problems and the seats were very comfortable. The Tucson comes in a 4 cylinder and a V6. Would there be a big difference in gas mileage in the two? Would you get the V6 for the power?

Another one we like is the Toyota Sienna. Our son test drove one and he said it sits really good and drives good. Of course, this is a van and wouldn't get as good gas mileage as a Tucson. We were considering this one because it fits everyone in our family when we all want to hop in the same vehicle to go out of town.

My husband is leaning more toward the Sienna because of the Toyota name. We are retired and I'm not sure we need a van just to drive around our little town. I like the Tucson more because I think it would maneuver better around curves and would save a little gas. However, we have never owned a Hyundai and know nothing about them, which is a little scary.

Anyone have either one of these and can offer any opinions? Any problems that you know of or anything we should avoid?

Thanks, Dee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any advice on a Toyota Sienna and a Hyundai Tucson?

I believe you would find some good information in the April issue of Consumer Reports which should be available atyour library. This past week, a friend brought over his Sienna for me to test drive as I was trying to decide between the van and getting another truck. One thing nice about the Sienna is that it has the vehicle stability control, something I won't be without anymore. He said that he was very pleasantly surprised that the vehicle surpassed the mileage ratings posted. V6 engines will generally cost you 4 to 6 mpg difference in gas efficiency.

o
RE: Any advice on a Toyota Sienna and a Hyundai Tucson?

as a owner of 4 hyundais, i can tell you i have never had a problem with any of them, which is more than i can say for my 2 toyotas, wont even mention my new chevy. that being said if you trade in every few yrs the hyundai will not retain as much trade in value as a toyota will. most of the auto mags rate hyundai quality as good or better than toyota.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here