Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is my fuel pump dieing????

Posted by paddle (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 08 at 0:23

Past couple of days our 92 sundance(143,000 km's) has had bad pickup, seems to be very slugish. Hit the gas and does not move. I thought I heard something a while ago when first starting the car, maybe the fuel pump is dieing? Is this a symptom?
thanx
jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is my fuel pump dieing????

what is your pump pressure ?

o

I'm afraid I do not have a gauge to measure the pressure. It seems to affect the car after a while of driving, will become hesitant.
I can see the pump assembly on the back sidde of the tank, will it still be requried to remove the gas tank? Can the fuel pump not be removed from there? Sorry it's a 93 sundance.

jim

o

Fuel Filter?

o

turned out to be the fuel filter and the wires(they were original!)
thanx all!
jim

o

So I had the wires, rotar and dist.cap, fuel filter all changed. The plugs, air filter and PCV valve were still good. Car drove great for a week and know is stalling in stop/go traffic with the air conditioning on. It starts up great everytime but wants to quit if you come to a stop. The fuel pump was never checked, any opinions before I take it back to the shop? It's a 93 Sundance, 150,000 km's, 2.2 litre, just all tuned up.

thanx
jim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here