Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BMW or Audi

Posted by sharon620 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 10, 06 at 23:31

Hi
We are looking at a BMW 3 series SUV. More like a wagon if you ask me.
Also the Audi A4.
Still loving the cherokee!
Thanks
Sharon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BMW or Audi

Best to check out the dealer and dealer service.
The Euro vehicles may be "better", but their dealers can ruin them...
I'd stick with American designed and built, if still possible...

o

If you are willing to go up the price of a BMW SUV, check out a Lexus SUV or the Honda Oddessey. I have friends who own these vehicles and they are happy with these.

Me, I'm happy knocking about in the winter with my old Jeep Cherokee Larado 4x4. However, the Jeep does not come close in creature comforts, fit and finish, and engine compared to the Lexus and Honda. The Jeep's transmission is good.

Another consideration is the Dodge Magnum. It is more like a wagon, and comes with a choice of engines. Its fuel economy isn't bad for its size and engine power. I've heard one complaint about a rear blind spot, though.

o

Would you buy a 2003 BMW either the x3 or a sedan? They all seem like they are in good shape.
And what is with this orange leather on the new cars? They tell me it's an italian leather?
Thanks
Sharon

o

Functionally speaking, the X3 and the 3-series sedan are totally different animals. If you want a car that's great sport to drive, the 3-series fills the bill very nicely. If you are just tired of your lumbering ol' truck and want something smaller and easier to maneuver, then the X3 is a much better bet than the 3-series.

I'm not a leather-in-the-car person, but I can remember when I used to lust after BMWs in the 70s and early 80s and, IIRC, the leather always was on the orange side of beige. Just a thing; you either like it or don't. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here