SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darkmuse

Beginning Car/ Car Insurance questions.

DarkMuse
18 years ago

Hello. I will be turning sixteen in a few days and it occured to me that I know next to nothing about cars, auto insurance and other such things that I will need to know when I get a car. So I got on the net and started searching around a bit, but when I tried to find information on auto insurance it was mostly ads, not that it was a problem, except that their quote calculator things were designed for people who have already had car insurance, so I couldn't easily find a way to get a quote or compare the prices I could expect to pay for such services. Then I decided to try something simpler and look for used cars in my area, but I quickly discovered that, as I know almost nothing about cars, I didn't really know what I was looking for. So I decided to find a good auto forum somewhere online, since I've gotten help from nice people online with other subjects.

This is where you come in. I neeed suggestions on a good car brand or model to look for that you think would work well for someone in my age group (i.e. runs well, is cheap) and it needs to be a roomy car, as I am somewhat tall (6'2'' or so, and getting taller.)

Secondly, any information you think I should have about auto insurance, such as how much I can expect to pay, what company offers the best rates, or whatever other information you can think of (like I said, I don't know anything about it, so everything will be appreciated.)

Third, an estimate on how much I can expect to pay, say, per week on gas, especially with the car you reccomend taken into consideration (since a fuel efficient car would be easier on my budget.)

Lastly, just tell me anything you wish you'd known when you went out to get a car when you were my age. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida