SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonebloodyidle

Use of inner tubes

bonebloodyidle
15 years ago

I have a slow puncture problem. I first noticed it in Luxembourg, took it to a garage where they found a nail in the tread and repaired it. The following week in Belgium I saw it going low again. The shop there found a bit of wire in the tread, fixed that. Now back home in Ireland I have completed two weeks rehab with no driving allowed following spinal surgery to find that same tyre flat again. My patience is beginning to run out. I have no doubt as to the competence of the two garages I used for puncture repairs as I have used them before for both cars and lorries so I am assuming that there is a very small, hard to find hole and the nail and wire intrusions were just a coincidence. So I am considering having an inner tube inserted as there is still a good 6mm of tread left on this particular tyre. What affect does this have on the performance of tyres? I do drive on the unlimited stretches of the Autobahns in Germany where I reach a speed of 200km/h or more, can an inner tube cope with this?

Comments (3)

Sponsored