Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bugs a comin

Posted by frankb_c (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 27, 05 at 19:18

What is the easiest, Home made brew for removing bugs that get splatered to your front bumper,windshield,grill.
Took the car to car wash, and they use the high pressure spray, and when I came back, I still had a few left overs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bugs a comin

Well, we have "lovebugs" in the south twice a year which splatter and dry all over the front of your vehicle. I use plain HOTTTTT water and a sponge to get them off. They will pitt the finish if not removed.

o

The main ingredient in most bug, and tar removers is mineral spirits, the mildest paint thinner. Costs a whole lot less to buy a gallon of it, instead of in an aerosol can.

Bob

o

Thank you.
Mineral Spirit I got a gallon (almost)
Hot Water 40 Gal. Will try this one first, If stubborn than go to spirit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here