Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ideas on how/where to sell a box truck

Posted by kathy547 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 30, 14 at 17:28

My husband became disabled & sold his bread route back to the company. He kept the truck thinking to start a moving company or something with me doing the work. That didn't pan out & we want to sell the truck. It's set up for a year & I want to get rid of it before it sits too long. I've tried my nearest craigslist & got scammers. Its a 2006 Isuzu tilt cab with lift gate. Any sites I could put it on?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ideas on how/where to sell a box truck

Try placing an ad in your local newspaper.

Go to a filing station and look for the 'free' sales publications usually near the road maps. If you see one you like, consider placing an ad in it. It may reach a wider audience than the local newspaper.

o

You might look into selling it on consignment. Ask local outfits if they will do that. The truck would get far more exposure on their lot.

They might rake too much off the top but the alternative is not selling it at all or selling it for much less or even junking it. Be sure to check the junk value and ongoing license and insurance and permit expense as a comparison to establish a base for your decision.

Can you sell the truck with a permit? That can help.

This post was edited by mxyplx on Fri, Jul 4, 14 at 11:57

o

Cars, Carsforsale, and Auto Trader all allow individuals to post ads. You may get a basic ad for free?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here