Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chevys-Fords-Toyotos AT Lowes?

Posted by skagmobile (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 11, 05 at 16:00

Heard recently where Lowes is going to be selling John Deere lawn tractors and started wondering how long before these type businesses start selling Chevys-Fords-Toyotos, etc. Could this possibly happen? When International made and sold Cub Cadet, only authorized International dealers could sell them. Of course International went bankrupt and MTD bought the CC portion of it then farmed CC out to anyone they thought might sell a lot of them which of course has an impact on the profit of the dealers that were left. The dealers still sell the higher end CC which so far Lowes doesn't have so this helps the little dealer some. It does seem that GM and probably the rest of them want to do away with as many employees as possible so this senario doesn't seem all that far out.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chevys-Fords-Toyotos AT Lowes?

whatever it takes to move the iron. iam sure if they thought they could make money selling through lowes or home depot they would. in this area, dont know about the rest the country ford has a deal where you buy a ford truck and you get i think its 500.00 bucks or somthing through home depot.

o

Costco already has a program for buying new autos at a discount for it's members. There's no Costco in my area,but I imagine it's like Sams Club and BJ Wholesale.Don't see the big box overgrown hardware stores like HD and Lowes doing it though.After all,everyone who reads the tractor forum here knows the L series sold at HD is inferior to the same models sold at the JD dealer! LOL!

o

Posted by: nine7xbam (My Page) on Sun, Jun 12, 05 at 10:05

Costco already has a program for buying new autos at a discount for it's members. There's no Costco in my area,but I imagine it's like Sams Club and BJ Wholesale.Don't see the big box overgrown hardware stores like HD and Lowes doing it though.After all,everyone who reads the tractor forum here knows the L series sold at HD is inferior to the same models sold at the JD dealer! LOL!

The trouble here is that maybe one out of ten are educated consumers.
Then there is the "educated by whom" ...
Also, nine out of ten buy for lowest possible price and disregard service.
I do not know if I like where this is headed.
One company, Costco, to sell all of the cars in our country ??
The problem is dealer service, I think the car prices have been skimmed so much that $100 an hour service is necessary.
Imagine paying hundreds$$$ for a glorified oil change, and this does happen now...

o

I imagine the car buying plan at Costco is the same as carsdirect.com and others like it.Sure it's free until you find out that you must finance a minimum of 10K through their bank!No thanks,I'll shop around and make my own deal on a new car.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here