Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dispose of radiator?

Posted by rob333 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 14:41

I am about to replace my radiator and I just realized, I don't know what to do with the old one. It's probalby aluminum/brass, not the current aluminum/plastic versions. Anyone? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dispose of radiator?

If your community collects and recycles plastic and metals, check with them. You might be able to rinse it out and put in your recycle bin.

Ask your favorite garage man where to get rid of it. He may take it for a fee.

At present, aluminum and brass scrap is commanding good scrap prices. Around here, thieves are stealing anything with copper in it. For example, if you leave your house for a week, you might come back to find the copper piping removed and any electrical wiring that is accessible taken.

o
RE: Dispose of radiator?

Thanks Jem. They were happy to take it off my hands at my local PepBoys. I was never more glad to get rid of that sucker! I don't care one iota if it was worth anything. I've been struggling with that dang thing for too long. It is so wonderful to have my car run in triple digit heat for as long as I want, not as long it'd run. Woohoo!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here