SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parhelia_gw

wheels jerk to the right when car shifts into 2nd gear

parhelia
18 years ago

hi,

i have a daewoo nubira 2000 that is jerking to the right. on neighborhood roads and such, it jerks as the transmission shifts into 2nd, but if i accellerate up to 40 or 50, it doesn't jerk until after i ease off the gas. if it hasn't been triggered by one of those factors, then it'll also jerk if i hit a large bump.

this started a while back when i knew i needed to get the wheels aligned as the tires were wearing unevenly. after the alignment, the jerk is still there, though it seems more pronounced. when i start off from a dead stop, the steering wheel is tilted to the right. after the jerk, it's aligned straight, as it should be. the jerk doesn't happen again unless i slow down below 20mph or come to a stop, except for the time i drove down a road that curves back and forth.

when i mentioned it to the guy at hibdon, he said it might be a steering problem, but they don't work on that part of the car. does anyone here have any idea of what might be wrong?

i'm in a bit of a bind because no one wants to work on daewoos anymore and it's very hard to find parts. i've heard the nubira is being made as a suzuki now, but i have no idea whether the parts would be interchangeable. i believe there's one dealer left in my area that will work on daewoos, but i'm leery of how that position might be taken advantage of, so i'd like to know something before i go in.

any help, advice, or information would be appreciated. and please, if you don't mind, speak slowly and clearly. ;-) i know a little bit about cars from previous misadventures, but i've never had a problem like this before.....

thanks!

julie

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks