SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johndeere_gw

Why would anyone steel a gas cap?

johndeere
17 years ago

I went to the late movie last night.Went to see "Cars" and when I came home and pulled the car in the garage.I noticed the gas door was open?I then found my gas cap gone.Along with the plastic strap that keeps it attached to the car.The thief yanked it right off the clip.Thats why I know I did not forget to replace the cap when I filled it with gas.Because the atached plastic string was gone.

I drove home 20 miles when I noticed it gone.Luckily it did not trigger the "service engine soon lite". I have heard that missing caps and if there not tight will cause the computer to trigger the code.

Oh well I replaced it with a GM original.Did not want to trust the seal of a after market model.I guess the guy or gal who swiped mine.Was a Idiot and a theif.Probably forgot to put his back on and no retainer strap to keep it with the car?Or maybe its a chain cap swipe?Someone lost theres. Stole one and then that person stole one and so on and so on?If so the chain is broke I bought mine $17.00 If I was a thief I would take gas not gas caps.Unless a Chevy Cavalier gas cap is a collectors item?I hope he had a different brand or model car.Because I learned there are several different caps for GM alone.But I bet he had a Cavalier and knew it would fit.

Comments (15)

Sponsored