Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Change belt and all hoses?

Posted by mxyplx (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 21, 05 at 11:50

Our 1995 Crown Vic Lemonzine has 55,000 miles in 10 years; 54,987 by us. It is slighty dustier than the day we bot it. No plans to replace it. All maintenance by the dealer as per the book since new. It lives in never never land (California).

Should we change the belt and all the hoses? No leaks. Belt looks good I don't see any cracks. Might be some but I didn't see em. The heater hoses would be a bearcat to change.

I don't find any published schedule on these items.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Change belt and all hoses?

fwiw
86 olds here with 22,ooo miles,, the heater core on a car died at about yr 2000 - all hoses are still going stong with the heater core in a bypass loop with a original hose.

o

Posted by: Mikie (My Page) on Tue, Jun 21, 05 at 11:57

fwiw
86 olds here with 22,ooo miles,, the heater core on a car died at about yr 2000 - all hoses are still going stong with the heater core in a bypass loop with a original hose.

Earthy :
With both"old" cars change the upper radiator hose.
Install a new heater core in the old Olds !! I'd say the two cars have quality equal to or better than the '88 Honda Accord...
We have a '97 Saab and a '96 900S, over 250K miles on both, , with the original upper - in good shape, but I should change them !

o

If you ever do take this car on any long trips, YES !!, by all means at least change the belts and the upper radiator hose, maybe all of them.
Go to a Ford forum and find out what the weaknesses are ...

o

The correct answer from a pm point of view is yes, replace them. Having said that, I replace belts when I see a lot of cracks. I leave the hoses on my stuff alone unless I see a problem with them or am doing some other repair that requires removal of one or more. Heater hoses always make me nervous. Too easy to create a leak in the heater core, and that's usually hard to replace. It's a b*tch to start with no problem and create one in the name of prevention.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here